Research in Commerce
List of Guides & their expertise
|Sl.no.||Name of Research Guide||Email ID||Research Interests|
|1.||Dr. P. Narayan Reddyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Disruptive Innovations in Management|
|2.||Dr. Shinu Abhiemail@example.com||Leadership, entrepreneurship and marketing|
|3.||Dr.Subramanyamfirstname.lastname@example.org||Corporate Governance, Entrepreneurship, Accounting & Finance.|
|4.||Dr. Vani Rameshemail@example.com||Human Resources management, consumer behavior|
|5.||Dr. Harini||Harani.firstname.lastname@example.org||Macro and Micro economics, Managerial economics|
|6.||Dr. Ruchi Guptaemail@example.com||Financial Management, Financial services, Investment Management and Costing|
|7.||Dr. Lokanath Reddyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Accounting and finance|
|8.||Dr. Arun Kumaremail@example.com||Accounting and Finance|
The main objective of the Research initiatives in the School of Commerce and Management is to develop a conducive research and innovation oriented environment. The facilities available in the school to enable the research guides and scholars devote their time and efforts into inventing new thoughts, concepts and SMART business strategies are:
A business lab is created in the school of commerce and management with appropriate tools and resources for research and innovation. The business lab has well maintained computer systems with updated tools and software to enable statistical data analysis and data modeling. The systems have tools like SPSS and Advanced Microsoft Excel to enable such business analytical work.
REVA Academy for Corporate Excellence (RACE) works in close co-operation with the School of Commerce and Management to build relationships with the Industry. Industry interactions and collaborations enable the research guides and scholars to acquire first hand information from the corporate for up-to date research and innovations, analyze and develop SMART business strategies. Industry collaborations have enabled the research group in our School to build various real-life case studies on various well-known business of India Inc.
Details of Guides and Co-guide allotted for Ph. D. Scholars
International Journal publications
- Dr.Subramanyam, Corporate Social Responsibility Practices in Indian Companies – A Case of India, October, Vol-1 Issue-4 2015, IJARIIE-ISSN (O)-2395-4396, PP-620-627./li>
- Dr.Subramanyam ,Application and Impact of Human Resource Accounting in Educational Sector – A Study of with special reference to educational Institutions.January, Vol-I 2016, IJRCMEAS- ISSN – 2454 – 6593, PP-44-47./li>
- Dr.Subramanyam, Financial Inclusion through Pradhan Mantri Jan -Dhan Yojana, Vol.III, Issue No.4, Jan - March 2016, Primax International Journal of Commerce and Management Research, ISSN: 2321-3612.PP.36-42./li>
- Dr.Subramanian, Corporate governance fraud detection from annual reports using big data analytics, Int.J.Big Data Intelligence, Vol.3, No.1, pp.51–60, 2016.Print ISSN: 2053-1389 Online ISSN: 2053-1397,2016/li>
b. National Journals
- Dr.Subramanyam: Corporate Governance Practices in IT sector in India : A Case Study of Tata Consultancy Services. Volume 10, Issue I January – June 2016, SAMSMRITI, SAMS Journal- ISSN -0976-304X.
c. Book Publications:
- Subramanyam (2016) Convergence of International Financial Reporting Standards: An Analysis of Issues in Developed and Developing Economies, Springer Publication, IFRSs in a Global World (Chapter 15) ISBN-978-3-319-28223-7.
Thrust Areas of Research
The main focal areas of the research and innovations in the School of Commerce and Management are Leadership and Entrepreneurship. We have special initiatives to design novel interventions and models on current trends in leadership and entrepreneurship development. With this motive we have also extended our efforts into enhancing the activities of our Entrepreneurship Development Cell with special Entrepreneurship Development Programs been designed to motivate and mould our graduates as future entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. We have focused our attention on creating a special network for Start-ups in order to enhance our research culture in that direction.
Research and InnovationOffice of Research and Innovation,
REVA University, Rukmini Knowledge Park Kattigenahalli, Yelahanka,
Bangalore – 560 064
Faculty/Research scholars pursuing research
There are around 49 research scholars enrolled in the School of Commerce and management in two successive batches. Around 16 faculty are pursuing their PhD and a few of them have shortly submitted their thesis.
Apart from the regular PhD course work offered for 6 months to the PhD enrolled research scholars in the School of Commerce and Management by eminent experts from the Academia and Industry, the School has organized various workshops and conferences in the last one year. Workshops on 'R' and SPSS tools has been offered to all research scholars