M Sc in Biotechnology
This program aims to provide the required skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a successful career in Biotechnology. The program is suitable for applicants who have a primary degree in Biological Sciences and wish to take up a career in manufacturing, quality assurance, product development and research, as well as in the broader sectors of sales & marketing.
The program provides hands- on training and practical skills in the field of Plant & Agricultural biotechnology, Molecular genetics, Bioinformatics, Biochemical techniques & Enzymology, Medical biotechnology, Genetic Engineering and Molecular biology, with aligning to current demand in the field of research & industry.
|02||Molecular Genetics & Developmental Biology|
|05||Bioinformatics & Computer Applications|
|06||Cell biology and Molecular genetics – Practical|
|07||Biochemistry and Microbiology - Practical|
|02||Immunology & Immunotechnology|
|04||Biochemical techniques & Enzymology|
|06||Molecular biology & Immunology - Practical|
|07||Biochemical tech, Enzymology & Environmental Biotechnology - Practical|
|01||Plant & Agricultural Biotechnology|
|05||Biostatistics & Research methodology|
|06||Plant & Animal Biotechnology - Practical|
|07||Medical Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering - Practical|
|08||Industrial Visit - Report|
|02||Genomic and Proteomics|
|03||Industrial Biotechnology & Genomic-Proteomics - Practical|
|04||Project Dissertation - Report|
A wide range of career options exist for graduates of this program, they include:
- Clinical Research
- Healthcare and Diagnostic services
- Bio process Industries
- Medical coding & Technical writing
- Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- Sales, marketing and regulatory affairs( Intellectual Property Rights)
- Molecular Synthesis & Drug Designing
- Entrepreneurship in the field of Tissue Culture, Mushroom Cultivation, Bio-fertilizers, Bio-fuel production etc
- Bachelors Degree in Science including Agriculture, Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Veterinary, Diary, Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry with a minimum of 45% (40% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST) of marks in aggregate from any University/ Institution or any other qualification recognized as equivalent there to.
Course Duration: 4 Semester (2 years)
|Application Round||Opening Date of Application||Closing Date of Application|
|Priority Application Round 1||1st March 2017||30th April 2017|
Admission Selection Process
Admission to the M Sc in Biotechnology program at REVA University is strictly based on Merit
Admission Application Forms
- Application forms are available both in Online Mode and Direct Mode.
- The Application Form can also be obtained from the Office of Admissions, REVA University.
|Indian / SAARC Nationals
|M Sc in Biotechnology||1000||2000||50|