Ph. D. in Civil Engineering
The REVA University has well experienced faculty members to guide candidates to pursue research leading to Doctoral degree in various disciplines. The University also has well equipped infrastructure for advanced research. All Schools have also engaged in advanced research and undertake funded projects.
Subject to the conditions stipulated in these Regulations, the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph.D. programme:
- Candidates for admission to the Ph. D programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completed the M. Phil. Degree;
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates;
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure; and.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
Duration of the Programme:
- Ph. D programme shall be for a minimum duration of THREE years, including course work.
- Extension up to SIX years period of registration beyond the above limits shall bepermitted based on the recommendation of the concerned Research Supervisor.
REVA University Ph. D. Entrance Test (REVA PET)
The University will conduct Entrance Test of 100 marks with 3 hours duration as under:
- The syllabus paper of the Entrance Test for candidates other than those who have qualified UGC-JRF/UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ UGC-CSIR NET / SLET / GATE or passed in M. Phil or candidates hold teacher fellowship, will be both on Research Methodology and the concerned subject of study with 50% of weightage each. The test will be for 100 marks of 3 hours duration. The question paper will be in TWO PARTS – Part-I: Questions on Research Methodology and consists of 50 marks; & Part-II: Questions on concerned subject of study (subject specific) and comprises of 50 marks.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test for candidates who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE or candidates hold teacher fellowship will be only on Research Methodology. The question paper will be for 100 marks with 3 hours duration.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test for candidates who have passed M. Phil program will be only on concerned subject of study (subject specific). The question paper will be for 100 marks with 3 hours duration.
Candidates securing at least 50 marks out of 100 in the Entrance Test shall be declared as eligible for interview / viva voce.
The results of the Entrance Test will be displayed on the notice board of the Research and Innovation Council and hosted on the University website. No separate intimations / information in any form will be sent to the candidates about the results of entrance examination and admission.
The eligible candidates will be invited for interview/ viva-voce on the specific date and time. The candidates have to come prepared to discuss their research interest / area through presentations.
Candidates invited should attend the interview-cum-counseling along with following original documents:
- Original marks cards of prescribed qualification such as two year PUC/10+2 examination, degree and PG degree examinations.
- Original certificate / proof for having qualified UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE or passed M Phil or proof of holding teacher fellowship.
- Proof of date of birth, preferably SSLC/10th examination pass certificate.
- Three copies of latest passport size photographs.
- No due certificate from the employer (in case employed).
The performance in the interview / viva voce will be assessed for 50 marks. The Selection of candidates for provisional registration shall be based on the performance in the interview only provided further that such a selection depends on the availability of the guide in the subject / area of interest of the candidate.
Selection and Provisional Registration
Candidates selected should take admission after payment of prescribed fee in full within the notified date failing which they will automatically forefeet the seat.
Candidates who are not selected for a Ph.D. program have to re-apply whenever the applications are invited again and go through the Entrance Test afresh
Those candidates who are registered for PhD should have to undergo course work of One Semester of SIX months and follow necessary conditions in the “REVA University Regulations Governing the Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Doctoral (Ph D) Degree, 2016”.
The course work comprises of three courses, viz.,
- Advanced Research Methodology,
- Area Specific Course, and
- Literature Review in the Thrust Area of Research
Steps to Apply Online
- Register & Confirm password: Candidate should fill the correct Name and Date of Birth as they appear in Class X marks card and it is mandatory to provide valid email id. Immediately on filling up of the information, a password will be sent to your mail id. Login with the email id and received password to proceed with online application form
- While filling the online application form, fields marked with red are mandatory and accurate information is solicited. Do not leave blank field unless it is not relevant to you
- Selection of Mode of Payment: Select the appropriate mode of Payment as DD mode or Net Banking. Immediately on submission of the application form at this stage, an Application Number will be generated. Candidates are requested to note down the Application Number and all the future correspondence will be made on this Application Number only.
Instructions for Payment through Demand Draft (DD)
Instructions for Payment through NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer)
How to Apply?
Application forms are available both in Online Mode and Direct Mode.
The Application Form can also be obtained from the Office of Research and Innovation Council, Room no G14, University Block, REVA University.
Application Fee: Rs.1000/-. The details of tuition fee for various programs are provided under “admissions” in the university website www.reva.edu.in.
Contact DetailsDr. M. Vinayaka Murthy,
Research and Innovation Council,
|Indian / SAARC Nationals
|Ph. D. in Civil Engineering||1000||2000||50|