Research in Computer Science & Engineering
List of Guides & their expertise
|Name||Email ID||Research Interests|
|Dr. Sunilkumar S. Manviemail@example.com||WSN, Multimedia Communications, Soft Computing, Grid/Cloud Computing, Commerce|
|Dr. Kiran Kumari Patilfirstname.lastname@example.org||Content Based Audio Retrieval, Innovative Mobile Application Development, Health Care, ICT For Rural Health Care And WSN|
|Dr. Mallikarjuna Shastry P Memail@example.com||Parallel Computing, Computer Networks, Compiler Design, Computer Architecture, Image Processing, Wireless Sensor Networks|
|Dr.Udaya Rani.Vfirstname.lastname@example.org||Data Mining, Networks, Genetic Programming|
|Dr. Mallikarjun M. Kodabagiemail@example.com||Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Soft Computing, Internet of Things, Language Processing, and Communication Protocols|
|Dr. M Prabhakarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Networks, Artificial Intelligence|
|Dr. P V Bhaskara Reddyemail@example.com||Image Processing, Data Mining, Software Engineering, Computer Networks|
a. VGST Cloud Lab
The objectives of establishing the cloud computing laboratory is to perform experiments related to the following areas using programs, tools and simulation techniques. The laboratory will be used to build programs to implement the following algorithms, test the programs and conduct the experiments by using real time data. The results will be recorded, analysed and published.
- Analysis of Satellite Imagery for Cloud Cover to predict the amount of precipitation received in an area under observation
- An Indexing System for Scientific Data using Fast Query
- Dynamic Pricing for efficient workload collocation
- Security Surveillance using Motion Detection
- Securing Multimedia data using role based license
Developing MapReduce algorithms for various parallel tasks like Matrix-Vector multiplication Document Classification, Solving Linear Systems, Sorting, Finite Difference Methods, Fast Fourier Transform and Combinatorial Search.
Some of the projects carried out are:
- Preventing Real-time packet classification to avertSelective jamming attacks in wireless networks.
- Design and Development of Efficient AODV Protocol and Encryption Mechanisms to Prevent Security Attacks in Adhoc Networks
- Cloud-Based Mobile Social TV
- Preservation of Privacy in Cloud: Mobile Health Monitoring
- Security Surveillance Using Motion Detection
- A Cloud based DRM Scheme with SimCard
- The Design and Realization of ZigBee – Wi Fi Wireless gateway using ARM9 Board
- Implementation of Garbage Disposal Management System (GDMS)
- Dynamic Collaboration Framework for Multi Cloud Computing Environments
- Dynamic Pricing for Efficient Workload Colocation
- An Indexing System for Scientific Data using FastQuery.
b. Mobile and Wireless Network Lab
The students and faculty work in the Lab to develop algorithms and implement applications on mobile devices in the areas of healthcare and farming. Some of the projects carried out are listed as follows:
- Remote Rural Health Monitoring Using Maemo Platform
- Temporal and Spatial Information Dissemination forBpand Diabetic Patients.
- Farming under Technology’s Ideal Solution Using Maemo(Futism)
- Helping Farmers Dynamically Through Positioning System (Hdps).
- A Generic Framework of Information Services for Physically Challenged People.
- Personalized Location Based Services
- Online E-Wallet System with Decentralized Credential Keepers.
Some of the training and Interaction carried out are:
- 14 Faculties and 5 students attended International Forum Nokia Developer Conference at Taj Residency, Bengaluru.
- Conducted 2-days workshop on “Qt-Maemo ” at REVA.
- Every month-end interaction with Nokia Finland experts over teleconferencing to update the status of ongoing projects.
- 2 Faculties and 2 students invited for “Mobile Application Development” conference at Royal orchid, Bengaluru.
- 2 faculties went to attend 2 day workshop on “Qt” at Nokia India Ltd.
- 7 students attended workshop on “Advanced Qt Training with Emphasis on Networking & Mobility, at KLE Belgaum.
- 2 Faculties& 2 students participated Windows Phone 7 development training at Bengaluru.
a. Executed Projects
|S.No||PRINCIPAL INVETIGATOR||FUNDING AGENCY||TOPIC||DURATION (From - To)|
|01||Dr. Kiran Kumari Patil||PSI||1. Healthcare System
2. Location based service
3. E- Service & Security
|02||Prof. Bharathi M A||VGST||Migration of Business Logic to Database||2012-14|
|03||Dr. KiranKumariPatil||VGST||Tele mammography services for rural Indian women||2012-14|
b. Ongoing projects
|S.No||PRINCIPAL INVETIGATOR||FUNDING AGENCY||TOPIC||DURATION (From - To)||Amount (Rupees)|
|01||G C SATHISH||VGST||Cloud Computing Laboratory for Image Processing and Multimedia Data Security||2013||10,00,000|
Consolidated report on VGST proposal submission.
|S.No||Name of VGST grant||Title of the proposal||Principal Investigator||Co-Investigator||Duration||Grants in Rs|
|01||K-FIST (level -1)||Infrastructure strengthening in Science and Technology for Big Data Analytics||Dr.Mallikarjuna Shastry||Prof. Satish G C||1 Year||10 Lac|
|02||CISEE||Establishment of Innovative Skill Development Center for Enhancing Employability through Vocational and Skill Development Training among Rural Women, Adolescent Girls and Youth Members||Dr. Kiran Kumari Patil||--||3 years||30 Lac|
|03||CESEM||Metamorphosing Medical Informatics for underserved Rural of Rural India with Internet of Things||Prof. AshwinKumar||--||3 Year||56L|
|04||SMYSR||Microclimate Monitoring Using Wireless Sensor Networks for Agricultural Applications||Prof. Rajeev Ranjan||Dr. Prabhakar||1 Year||4 lac|
|05||K-FIST (level -1)||Establishing Embedded system Computing Laboratory for Real Time Automization , Wearable and Pervasive computing.||Prof. Venkatesh Prasad||Prof. Satish G C||2 Years||20 lac|
|06||CISEE||Centre for training and development in cyber security.||Prof. Shilpa Choudhary||--||3 Years||30L|
|07||CISEE||Establishment of underwater Acoustic Sensor Network information systems Laboratory.||Prof. Vani K||--||3 Year||30L|
|08||TRIP-2015-2016||Identification of Biological Specimens Using Cloud Sourcing.||A.Ananda shankar||--||1 Year||40 K|
- Gopal K., S. S. Manvi, “Virtual Resource Prediction in Cloud Environment: A Bayesian Approach”, “Elsevier Journal of Network and Computer Applications”, March 2016.
- Gopal K., S. S. Manvi, “Modeling resource virtualization concept in cloud computing environment using finite state machines",Inderscience: International Journal Cloud Computing, Vol. No. 4, Issue No.2, August 2015 pp.258 - 278 .
- S. S. Manvi, “QoS and stability based anycast routing in MANETS”, Elsevier International Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.No-39, March 2014, pp.140–151.
- S. S. Manvi, “Regression based critical information aggregation and dissemination in VANETs: A cognitive agent approach",Elsevier Vehicular Communications, Vol.No. 1, Issue No. 4, October 2014, pp. 168–180.
- P.V.Bhaskar Reddy, “Content Based image indexing and retrieval using directional local extrema and magnitude patterns”, Elseiver International Journal of Electronics and Communications, Vol No. 68, Issue No.7, July 2014, pp 637–643.
- Dr.KiranKumariPatil, “Wireless technology to monitor remote patients-A survey”, Vol.No- 4, Issue No. 2, Apr 2014, pp-65-76
- Dr.KiranKumariPatil, “Medical Alert System for Remote Health Monitoring Using Sensors and Cloud Computing” , Vol.No 03, Issue No. 04, April-2014 ,pp 884-888.
- Dr.KiranKumariPatil, “Deploying Backup sensors for Fault Tolerance in Structural Health Monitoring” , Vol. No. 2, Issue No. 2, June 2014,pp.205-208.
- Dr.KiranKumariPatil, “Roles Of Computer Vision, Image Processing And Pattern Recognition In Healthcare Application”, Issue- Feb 2014.
- Sujatha.K , Dr.Udayarani.V, Dr.Vinayaka Murthy,“Mip and unsupervised clustering for the detection of brain tumor cells”, International journal of innovative research in advanced engineering, Vol No.1,Issue No-2, April 2014, pp 164-168.
- Laxmi B Rananavare, “Security in Wireless Sensor Network using Stationary Access Nodes”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology Research, Vol.No.2, Issue No. 2, Month: April-June 2014, pp 224-237.
- Kiran M, “On Job Chaining Map Reduce Meta Expressions of Mapping and Reducing Entropy Densities”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) Vol. No. 113 Issue No. 15 Year 2015 pp 20-27.
- Kiran M, “On the Map Reduce Arrangements of Cartesian product Specific Expressions”, , International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) Vol. No. 112 Issue No.9, Year 2015 pp 34-41.
- Kiran M,” On Composite Join Expressions of Map-side with many Reduce Phase”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA) Vol No.110 Issue No 9 Year 2015, pp 37-44.
- Kiran M, “How Replicated Join Expressions Equal Map Phase or Reduce Phase in a MapReduce Structure”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA). Vol No. 107, Issue No. 12 Year 2014 ,pp 43-50.
- Kiran M, “How Reduce Side Join Part File Expressions Equal MapReduce Structure into Task Consequence, Performance” International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA),Vol. No.105, Issue No. 2,Year 2014, pp 8-15 .
- Kiran M, “Shuffling Expressions with MapReduce Arrangements and the Role of Binary Path Symmetry”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol No. 102 Issue No.16 Year 2014, pp 23-50.
- Kiran M, “How Minimal are MapReduce Arrangements for Binning Expressions”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Volume No.99 Issue No. 11 Year 2014,pp 7-14.
- Kiran M, “On Randomized Minimal MapReduce Set for Filtering Expressions”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol No-98 ,Issue No- 3 ,Year 2014, pp 1-8.
- Kiran M, “On The Least Economical MapReduce Sets for Summarization Expressions” , International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol No. 94,Issue No. 7 ,Year 2014, pp 13-20.
- Kiran M ,“Asymmetric Key-Value Split Pattern Assumption over MapReduce Behavioral Model”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol.No. 86 ,Issue No.10, Year 2014,pp 30-34.
- Kiran M,” On Randomized Preference Limitation Protocol for Quantifiable Shuffle and Sort Behavioral Implications in MapReduce Programming Model”, Parallel & Cloud Computing (PCC) Vol.No. 03, Issue No.01, Year 2014,pp 1-14.
- Shalini Tiwari, “A Simulation Study and Comparison of On-Demand Ad-hoc Routing Protocols using QualNet 5.2”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Vol.No. 122, Issue No. 06, Year 2015,pp.21-26.
- Naveen Chandra gowda, “An Active Resource Provision for Cloud Computing Environment, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology”, IJARCET, Vol.No. 3, Issue No. 04, Year 2014,pp.2869-2874
- Vidya M., Reshmi S, “Contending Against Energy Debilitating Attacks in Wireless Ad-hoc Sensor Networks”,IJIRAE, Vol. No.1, Issue No-1, March-2014 pp.1-5.
- S. S. Manvi, “Analysis of acoustic channel in underwater sensor networks”, Proc.2015 IEEE International Advanced Computing Conference, Bengaluru, India, ,June 2015
- G. K. Shyam, S. S. Manvi, “Efficient resource allocation in cloud computing using users and providers agent”, IEEE International Advanced Computing Conference, Bengaluru, India, 2015.
- G. K. Shyam, S. S. Manvi, “Co-operation based game theoretic approach for resource bargaining in cloud computing environment “IEEE Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI),kochi,India,2015
- S. S. Manvi, Anup T.H., “A Performance Study of Hybrid Routing Protocols for Variation of Nodes in Wireless Mesh Networks”, IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing-ICCSP'15, Melamaravathur, India, April 2015.
- S. S. Manvi, Anup T.H., “Performance Analysis of Hybrid Routing Protocols in Wireless Mesh Networks using Variation in Maximum Speed”, Proc. 4th IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing-ICCSP'15, Melamaravathur, India, April 2015.
- S. S. Manvi, “Implementation security mechanisms in wireless sensor networks using crossbow motes”, Proc. IEEE Conference Advances in Electronics, Computers and Communications (ICAECC), Bangalore, India, October 2014.
- G.K. Shyam, S. S. Manvi, “FSM Based Model for Resource Allocation in Virtualized Cloud Environments”, IEEE INDICON, Pune, Dec 2014.
- P. I. Basarkod, S. S. Manvi, “Stability and QoS based congestion aware unicast routing in MANETs”, Proc. IEEE International Advanced Computing Conference, New Delhi, India, Feb 2014.
- Nagesh S, S. S. Manvi, “QoS mapping from user to network requirements in WSN :A fuzzy logic appraich”, Proc. IEEE International Advanced Computing Conference, New Delhi, India, Feb 2014.
- Dr.KiranKumariPatil, "Digital telemammography services for rural India, software components and design protocol, IEEE International Conference on Advances in Electronics, Computers and Communications (ICAECC), Bangalore, India, 2014.
- Dr.KiranKumariPatil, “Analysis of foot sole image using image processing algorithms”, IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology , Bengaluru, India, Sept. 2014.
- T Arun Kumar, G.CSathish, ”Preventing Real-time Packet classification by usingDynamic key Exchange Protocol”, Elsevier International Conference on Networking, Information & Communications , Bangalore, India, 2014.
- Divya G, G C Sathish, ”Dynamic Collaboration Framework for MultiCloud Computing Environment & Security Issues”, International Conference on Communication and Computing, Alpha College of Engineering, Bengaluru, India, 2014.
- Dr.Udaya Rani .V, “NIDS In Infrastructure as a Service Clouds”, National level Post Graduate Technical Symposium.
- Laxmi B Rananavare , “Enhancement Of Learning Using Speech Recognition And Lecture Transcription”, ICICT,2014.
- Shiva Kumar.R.Naik, “Innovative Personalized search engine”, national conference, Bangalore, India,2014.
- Asha K, “Distributed MAC Protocol for congnitive radio networks”, ICNIC,Bangalore,India,2014
- Asha K, “Receiver based Routing protocal for cognitive radio networks”, ICNIC, Bangalore, India, 2014.
- Asha K, “MAC protocol in congitive radio networks: A Servey”, NCRASET, Bangalore, India, 2014.
- P.V.Bhaskar Reddy,” A Survey on CBIR methods using Local Features”, 2014, Digital Image Processing.
- Vidya M., Reshmi S, “Defending against Energy Debilitating attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks”, ICCIT-2014, Bangalore, India,2014.
Thrust Areas of Research
Primary Research Areas includes:
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Networks
- Big Data and Data Mining
- Image Processing
- Healthcare Systems
- Internet of Things(IoT)
- Software Engineering
- Signal Processing
- Sensor Networks
- Embedded Systems & VLSI
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Wearable Wireless Sensor Networks
Research and InnovationOffice of Research and Innovation,
REVA University, Rukmini Knowledge Park Kattigenahalli, Yelahanka,
Bangalore – 560 064
Faculty/Research scholars pursuing research
|Name||Title of research||University|
|Akram Pasha||Computational Intelligence and Big Data||VTU, Belgaum|
|Ambika B J||A path Restoration in MPLS network using Graph Theory||REVA University|
|Anand Shankar A||Opinion and trust based collaborative decision making||REVA University|
|Anilkumar Ambore||Designing an evolutionary algorithm to increase efficiency of Data||VTU, Belgaum|
|Ashwin Kumar Motagi||An Algorithmic approach for decision making using medical data||VTU, Belgaum|
|Dheeraj D||Classification of Glioma in human brain using MR Images||VTU, Belgaum|
|Gopal Krishna Shyam||Resource Management in Cloud Computing.||VTU, Belgaum|
|Kiran M||Information Theoretical modeling of MapReduce Design Expressions||REVA University|
|Laxmi B Rananavare||Knowledge representation and Automated reasoning||SVUCE, Tirupathi|
|Lithin K||Wearable wireless Networks||VTU, Belgaum|
|Lohit Penubaku||Design and Implementation of a fully autonomous quadcoper with low carbon footprint||REVA University|
|MeenakshiSundaram A||Automatic detection of forged areas in a fictious image for deformation applications||VTU, Belgaum|
|Mylara Reddy||Performance evaluation of fault tolerance techniques in cloud computing||VTU, Belgaum|
|Nirmala S Guptha||Investigation of CBIR Algorithms for medical image and Applications using multi dimensional features||REVA University|
|Pavithra P||Automatic Detection Of Crop Diseases Using Nature Inspired Algorithms||VTU, Belgaum|
|Ravi Shankar||Investigation on scheduling algorithms for provisioning QoS in 802.16ee tactical network||VTU, Belgaum|
|Sarvamangala D R||Bio-inspired computing in health-care applications||VTU, Belgaum|
|Sheelavathy K V||Content Based behavioral approach for malicious code detection in data mining||REVA University|
|Shilpa Chaudhary||Resource prediction based routing in MANET||VTU, Belgaum|
|Shobha Biradar||Design and Development of new Techniques for coverage and connectivity in WSN||VTU, Belgaum|
|Sujatha K||Security for sensitive Data in Big Data Analytics||REVA University|
|Supreeth S||Investigation on Scheduling Algorithms in Cloud Computing Platform||VTU, Belgaum|
|Vani K||Underwater Acoustic Sensor Network||REVA University|
|Venkatesh prasad||Simulation of Battery Management System||Kuvempu University|