M. Tech. in Advanced Power Electronics
The M Tech in Advanced Power Electronics program is designed to provide generic skills to address some of the problems relating to shortage of electricity generation, technical and non-technical losses in distribution and massive expansion in power sector, under utilization of renewable sources etc through wide range of subjects. These include: AC-DC Power-Drives, HVDC Power Transmission, Power Quality, Power System Instrumentation, Electric Vehicles, Multi level Invertors, FACTS Controller and so on.
The program emphasizes practical exposures, integration of modern techniques and global out look through mini-projects, case studies, seminars, workshops and interaction with external experts.
The program aims to :
- Equip students with key fundamental knowledge of the domain field
- Provide exposure to the key technological advances in the field of power electronics through the use of application notes from reputed power electronics industries
- Train students to understand the design and control issues of power electronic circuits
|02||Power semiconductor Devices and design issues|
|03||Analysis of Power Converters|
|04||Soft Core Elective 1 (Click here)
|05||Soft Core Elective 2 (Click here)
|01||Analysis of power Conversion using DC-DC converters|
|02||HVDC Power Transmission|
|03||Soft Core Elective 1 (Click here)
|04||Soft Core Elective 2 (Click here)
|05||Soft Core Elective 3 (Click here)
|01||Soft Core Elective 1 (Click here)
|02||Soft Core Elective 2 (Click here)
|03||Seminar / Certification programmes|
|04||Mini Project / Internship|
|01||Project Work and Dissertation|
The students completing M Tech in Advanced Power Electronics will have job opportunities in the following sectors:
- Power Sector - to design robust power system, to implement measures to keep the system secure, to maintain quality of power, to mitigate harmonics, to damp oscillations
- Renewable Energy Sources - to harness power from renewable sources using power electronics devices, to study integration of these sources with the grid
- Transport - electric vehicles, vehicle to grid power transactions
- Power Electronics - design of compact and highly efficient power supplies, battery energy storage system, ultra-capacitor applications, aerospace power requirements, UPS, applications in power system using FACTS devices, interconnection of two regions via HVDC link
- Computer – developing algorithms to solve complex functions, developing simulation tools to simulate the entire system, applications to SMART grid
- B E / B Tech in EE / EEE / ECE / CSE / MS / M Sc in Mathematics/Physics/Electronics / Information Technology or Information Science with a minimum of 50% (45% in case of SC/ST) marks in aggregate of any recognized University / Institution or AMIE or any other qualification recognized as equivalent there to.
Course Duration: 4 Semesters (2 Years)
|Application Round||Opening Date of Application||Closing Date of Application||ASP|
|Priority Application Round 1||1st Dec 2016||28th Feb 2017||21st April 2017|
Admission Selection Process
Admission to the Master of Technology (M. Tech.) program at REVA University is strictly based on Merit.
- Apply to REVA University through Karnataka PGCET
- REVA University PGCET Code: B 260
Admission Application Forms
- Application forms are available both in Online Mode and Direct Mode
- The Application Form can also be obtained from the Office of Admissions, REVA University.
|Indian / SAARC Nationals
|M. Tech. in Advanced Power Electronics||1000||2000||50|