Ph. D. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The REVA University has well experienced faculty members to guide candidates to pursue research leading to Doctoral degree in various disciplines. The University also has well equipped infrastructure for advanced research. All Schools have also engaged in advanced research and undertake funded projects.
- A Candidate shall have Masters Degree of any University / Institution or any other Degree / Diploma recognized as equivalent thereto, with a minimum of 55% (50% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or an equivalent Grade. However, this condition is relaxed to 50% in case of SC/ST candidates.
REVA University Ph. D. Entrance Test (REVA PET)
Admission to Ph D shall be through an Entrance Test and Interview / Counseling
All Candidates who have applied have to appear for Entrance Test conducted by the University as per the scheduled date and time. However, candidates possessing following are exempted from the Entrance Test
(a) Candidates who are qualified UGC-JRF / UGC-CSIR Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
(b) Candidates who have qualified lectureship only in the UGC/NET/SET and those who have possessed M Phil in respective subjects
(c) Foreign Nationals and NRIs with Indian degree
(d) The Foreign Nationals and NRIs who have a Foreign Degree
(e)The sponsored/deputed candidates if any
(However, such of those candidates mentioned above under (a), (b) & (c) will have to submit their application and take Interview / Counseling as per the calendar provided.)
Entrance Test shall consist of:
The entrance test shall consist of one paper on the broad area of Ph D of 100 marks with three hours of duration.
The question papers shall consists of two sections of objective type:
- Section-1: Consisting of 50 objective type questions of one mark each
- Section-2: Consisting of 25 objective type questions each carrying 2 marks (i.e, 25X2=50 marks)
Ph D Entrance Test Syllabus
A: Ph D Entrance Test
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Click here download syllabus)
All candidates appearing for entrance test and those who are exempted from entrance test (JRF/NET/SLET/M Phil candidates) will have to appear before the Selection cum Counseling Committee along with their tentative research proposal on the date and time announced in the University website.
- No separate intimations / information in any form will be sent to the candidates for Interview cum Counseling.
- Candidates should attend the counseling along with following necessary documents
- Original marks cards of prescribed qualification such as two year PUC/10+2 examination
- Proof of date of birth, preferably SSLC/10th examination pass certificate
- Three copies of latest passport size photographs
- No due certificate from the employer (in case employed)
- Demand Draft towards the fees to be paid drawn in favour REVA University, Bangalore
- Draft research proposal
Selection and Provisional Registration
The selection cum counseling committee will select candidates based on the performance in the entrance test and interview and the availability of suitable guide in the respective area of research. The selected candidates will be informed individually
Selected candidates shall have to apply for Provisional Registration as Doctoral Candidates after payment of stipulated fee to the University. The duly filled-in application form shall be sent to the Dean of Research and Innovation Council, REVA University Rukmini Knowledge Park, Kattigenahalli, Bangalore-560064, through the Guide, Co-guide (s), if any, and the Chairperson of the respective School along with all necessary enclosures as stipulated in the form before the last date specified by the University. Application forms can be had from the office of the Dean of Research and Innovation Council.
Those candidates who have provisionally registered for Ph D should have to undergo course work of One Semester of six months and follow necessary conditions in the “REVA University Regulations governing the Standards and Procedures for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D), 2014.
The course work comprises of three courses, viz.,
(a) Advanced Research Methodology,
(b) Area Specific Course, and
(c) Literature Review in the Area of Research
|Application Round||Opening Date of Application||Closing Date of Application||ASP/REVA PET|
|Priority Application Round 1||1st Dec 2016||28th Feb 2017||21st April 2017|
How to Apply?
Contact DetailsDr. M. Vinayaka Murthy,
Research and Innovation Council,
|Indian / SAARC Nationals
|Ph. D. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering||1000||2000||50|