Research in Management Studies
List of Guides & their expertise
|Sl.no.||Name of Research Guide||Email ID||Research Interests|
|1.||Dr. P. Narayan Reddyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Entrepreneurship, Leadership, Disruptive Innovations in Management|
|2.||Dr. Shinu Abhiemail@example.com||Leadership, entrepreneurship and marketing|
|3.||Dr. M.M.Bagalifirstname.lastname@example.org||Industrial Socialiology, Applied Psychology, Management Practices and Human Resources|
|4.||Dr. Subhashree Karemail@example.com||Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Sciences, Human Resources Management|
|5.||Dr. Veena Angadifirstname.lastname@example.org||Human resources management|
|6.||Dr. Vani Rameshemail@example.com||Human Resources management, consumer behavior|
|7.||Dr. Ruchi Guptafirstname.lastname@example.org||Financial Management, Financial services, Investment Management and Costing|
The main objective of the Research initiatives in the School of Commerce and Management is to develop a conducive research and innovation oriented environment. The facilities available in the school to enable the research guides and scholars devote their time and efforts into inventing new thoughts, concepts and SMART business strategies are:
A business lab is created in the school of commerce and management with appropriate tools and resources for research and innovation. The business lab has well maintained computer systems with updated tools and software to enable statistical data analysis and data modeling. The systems have tools like SPSS and Advanced Microsoft Excel to enable such business analytical work
REVA Academy for Corporate Excellence (RACE) works in close co-operation with the School of Commerce and Management to build relationships with the Industry. Industry interactions and collaborations enable the research guides and scholars to acquire first hand information from the corporate for up-to date research and innovations, analyze and develop SMART business strategies. Industry collaborations have enabled the research group in our School to build various real-life case studies on various well-known business of India Inc.
Details of Guides and Co-guide allotted for Ph. D. Scholars
|Sl.No.||Discipline||Registration Number||Name of The Candidate||Name of the Internal||Name of the External Guide||Topic|
|Batch - I|
|1||Management Studies||R14PMS01||Srinidhi Parthasarathy K.||Dr.P.N.Reddy||Dr. Rajeshwara Rao||“Design of a Sustainable Quality Management Model for Micro Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMES) Based an ‘Bhagavad Gita”|
|2||Management Studies||R14PMS02||Vilas B. Annigeri||Dr.subhasri kar||Dr.Hanuman Kennedy||A STUDY ON THE IMPACT OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE (EQ) AND DEMOGRAPHIC FACTORS ON TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS OF THE FACULTY MEMBERS IN POST GRADUATE COLLEGES LOCATED AT BENGALURU, KARNATAK STATE.|
|3||Management Studies||R14PMS04||Sucharita Suresh||Dr.Shubhasree kar||Dr.Rashmi Kodical||“Antecedents and Consequences of Work Life Balance: A Study With Reference to Female Doctors”|
|4||Management Studies||R14PMS05||Sweta Pan Dcunha||Dr.Veena Angadi||Dr.Vijay Kumar||“Evaluation of Service Quality and its Effect on Patient Satisfaction & Behavioral Intentions – A Study of Public & Private Hospitals in Dakshina Karnada District”|
|5||Management Studies||R14PMS06||Neella Bhargava||Dr.Shinu||Dr.geetha.M.Rajaram||“Impact of social media and online marketing on consumer behavior & decision making process”: a study of Indian consumers”|
|6||Management Studies||R14PMS07||Nalina R||Dr.P.N.Reddy||Dr. Mahesha. K,||“Process of Learning Organization and Knowledge Management Practices That Reinforces Organizational Competitive Advantage: An Analytical Study With Reference to Selected Manufacturing and IT Companies in SME Sector of Bengaluru”|
|7||Management Studies||R14PMS08||Sreerangan V.R.||Dr.Shinu||Dr.Y.Rajaram||“Management of Lean Manufacturing Practices in Aviation Industry (With an Exploratory Study an HAL, Bangalore)”|
|8||Management Studies||R14PMS09||Himal Bhattrai||Dr.Shinu||Dr. U M Premalatha||“Corporate Governance and its Impact on Performance of Private Sector Banks: A Relative Study on Indian and Nepalese Banks”|
|9||Management Studies||R14PMS10||Mahalakshmi V||Dr.P.N.Reddy||Prof.Geetha m.Rajaram||“Impact of Corporate Governance on Listed Public Sector Undertakings and Private Sector Undertakings in India: A Comparative Study”|
|10||Management Studies||R14PMS11||Murali Krishna||Dr.Shubhasree kar||dr.Gurubasava Aradhya||Retail Atmospherics on Consumers for FMCG Products-An empirical study on impulsive buying behavior in Selected Super markets in Bangalore|
|11||Management Studies||R14PMS12||Nitu Bose||Dr.Shubhasree kar||Prof.Geetha m.Rajaram||“Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Decision Making Behaviour of Indian Professionals Within on Affective Model of Emotional Labor and Dissonance: An Analytical Study”|
|12||Management Studies||R14PMS13||Shakeela Banu C||Dr.Raghavendra||Dr. Raju R Gondkar||“Determinants for adoption of information and communications technology (ICT)-based market information services for marketing Agricultural outputs: An analytical study of Gauribidanur taluk Chickballapur District of Karnataka”|
|13||Management Studies||R14PMS14||Sandhya N||Dr.Raghavendra||Dr.grubasava Aradhya||Not Submitted|
|Batch - II|
|1||Management Studies||R15PMS01||A SELVARAJ||Dr.Vani Ramesh||-||Not Submitted|
|2||Management Studies||R15PMS02||ANURADHA BHUSHAN||Dr.Raghavendra||Dr. Triveni P.||Study of the Impact of Venture Investment on Long term Sustainability of A Firm Post venture Capitalist Exit|
|3||Management Studies||R15PMS03||ARJUN S BHAT||-||Dr.U.N.Lakshman||Not Submitted|
|4||Management Studies||R15PMS04||ARPITA SASTRI||Subhasri kar||Dr. Krishna Chandra Mishra||A study on assesment of Employee Engagement using Utrecht work Engagement (UWES) Scale Frame work among BPO Employees|
|5||Management Studies||R15PMS05||G SATYARANAYAN REDDY||Dr.Raghavendra||Dr. R. Seetha Rama Rao||DISCONTINUE|
|6||Management Studies||R15PMS06||IMRAN BASHIR||Dr.raghavendra||Dr. Mir Parvez A, IUST,J & K||Study of Supply chain mangement on dry Fruits in Kashmir 'Case Study on Walnut'|
|7||Management Studies||R15PMS07||R ARVIND KUMAR||Dr.Raghavendra||Dr.geetha.M.Rajaram||Efficacy of strategic Leadership on Technology and Innovation: An Exploratory Study of Startup Business in Bangalore|
|8||Management Studies||R15PMS08||RESHMA M||P.N.Reddy||Dr. Lalith Achoth, KVAFSU||Temporal changes in Demand and Supply of Live Stock Products in Karnataka-Strategies to Bridge the GAP|
|9||Management Studies||R15PMS09||ROHINI B V||Dr.Shinu||Dr. Kamala Suganthi S||Future workforce trends and challenges in retirement' with special Reference in to IT Sector.|
|10||Management Studies||R15PMS10||MADHU SUDHAN S||subhasri kar||Dr. H Nagaraj||A Study on GAPS Between Employer expectations and employee capabilities in IT Industry|
|11||Management Studies||R15PMS11||SANDEEP HANASOGE NAGARAJA||Dr.Shinu||Dr. Geetha M Rajaram||"A study of Globalization Strategies of Selected Small and Medium sized Enterprises in Emerging and Advanced Economics with special reference to India, China and Germany"|
|12||Management Studies||R15PMS12||SHASHI KANTHA REDDY Y||Dr.Shubhasree kar||Dr. Geetha M Rajaram||Blue Ocean Strategies in Higher Educational Institutions (HEI'S) - A case Study of private Universities in Karnataka|
|13||Management Studies||R15PMS13||SIBA PRASAD SARANGI||Dr.Veena Angadi||Dr. Krishna Chandra Mishra||Title of the proposal Consumer Affinity towards the Modern Retail malls -A Study with special reference to Hypermarkets in Bangalore City|
|14||Management Studies||R15PMS14||SOMASHEKAR J M||Dr.Raghavendra||Dr. S Kamala Suganthi||Title of the proposal A study on Multidimenssional analysis of Organizational Citizenship Behavior with special reference to Bank Employees at bangalore|
|15||Management Studies||R15PMS15||VINOD KRISHNA M U||Dr.Ruchi gupta||Dr.U.N.Lakshman||(Tenative) An Enquiry into the problems and prospects of pursuing personal Finance Planning (PFP) as a proffession in India with special Reference to Bangalore city|
|16||Management Studies||R15PMS16||YATHISHA M R||-||Dr. G V Sreenivasa Murthy||Discontinue|
|17||Management Studies||R15PMS17||CHAYA DEVI S||Dr.ruchi Gupta||-||Not Submitted|
International Journal publications
- Prof.P.Narayana Reddy: Impulsive buying behaviour tendencies in Developing Markets: With special reference to Demographic Characteristics of Consumers (A preliminary Study) international Journal of Engineering Technology, management and Applied Sciences.Sept.2015 vol.3,issue,ISSN 2349-447
- Dr.Veena, A propel study of performance Management an NGO A case study of Akshaya Patra International Journal of Engineering Technology & Management & Applied Sciences Vol 2 Issue 3,August 2014.ISSN2349 4476 1.38
- Dr.Vani Ramesh and Dr.P.Narayana Reddy GREEN BUSINESS PRACTICES AND INFLUENCE ON SUSTAINABILITY OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- Chithambar Gupta V & Dr.M.Hampanna, "Franchising Business Model: An experience from the Indian Retail Industry", International Journal of Business and Administration Research Review (IJBARR), Volume – 2, Issue – 1, pp.36 – 41, 2016.
- Kar, Subhasree and Mishra, K.C.(2013)."Nexus between Work Life Balance Practices and Employee Retention – The Mediating Effect of a Supportive Culture", Asian Social Science, ,Vol-9, Issue-11,pp- 63-69.
- Kar, Subhasree (2013)."Psychometric – An Assessment Tool for Strategic HRM", Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, Vol- III, Issue- 10, pp-44-49.
- Kar, Subhasree (2011)."Balancing Work and Life in IT Sector: A Study on IBM Initiation" in Proficient –An International Journal of Management, Vol-3, Issue-VI, pp-32-41.
- Ghosh, Nitu & Rajaram, Geetha (2016).Published paper on " Developing Emotional Intelligence for Entrepreneurs: The role of Entrepreneurship Development Programs" in the South Asian Journal of Management, AMDISA, Vol 22, Issue no.4, Oct-December-2015, ISSN: 0971-5428
- Ghosh, Nitu. (2015). Impact of Emotional Intelligence on the Relative Competitiveness of Educationists: A requisite for Quality Education in India. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science Invention. 4 (1), 7-16, p-issn: 2319-7714, e-issn: 2319-7722
- Ghosh, Nitu. (2013). Workplace spirituality- a tool to increase organizational emotional quotient. International Journal of research in management sciences, IASTER Publications, 1(2), ISSN Print: 2347-8780, ISSN Online: 2347-5943
- Shinu Abhi, et.al."A new white revolution – Case study of a social entrepreneur" South Asian Journal of Management (SAJM) Vol.20.4 (Oct-Dec 2013).
b. National Journals
- Kar, Subhasree (2012)."Knowledge Management Practices in Software Companies" in Industrial Engineering Journal, Volume – VI, No-1, pp-37-40.
- Mohanty, Kalyani and Kar, Subhasree (2012)."Achieving Innovation and Success -Organizational Learning." In SCM journal of Management, Volume IX, No- 1, January-March Issue 2012, pp- 36-42.
- Kar, Subhasree (2010)."Managing Workforce Diversity and Creating Multicultural Organizations." In Samsmriti, Volume-5, Issue-1, pp-43-49.
- Kar, Subhasree and Sahoo Deepak Kumar (2016)."Rural Tourism in India: Towards Socio-economic Prosperity" Adarsh Journal of Management Research, Volume-9, Issue-1.
- Kar, Subhasree (2015) "Exploring the HRD Climate in Indian IT Companies"- Indian Journal of Training and Development, Volume-45, Issue-1,pp-66-75.
- Kar, Subhasree (2014)."Management Education from Stakeholders Viewpoint", academe- Journal of UGC –Academic Staff College ,Himachal Pradesh University Summer Hill , Volume-17, Issue-1, pp-59-62.
- Kar, Subhasree (2014)."Ethical Leadership: Best Practice for Success", IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Special Issue on Innovative Management Strategies ,PP 112-116
- Chithambar Gupta V & Dr.M.Hampanna, 'Franchisor-franchisee relationship – An exploratory study in the Indian scenario', SHODHADITYA Research Journal, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1 – 10, 2015.
- Shivsharana, Human Resource information systems a tool for organisation development
- Excellent Practices in the role of HR in a Competitive Economy in International Conference on Excellence in Mangement practices ( ICEMP)
- HR Challenges in Developing Nations in international Conference on India Inc: challenges and Opportunities at Don Bosco Institute of Management Studies
- Paper presented on Survey of Enterprise Data Mining and Related Applications in Real World in International Conference on Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetec Computing Conference ( NFancoo at ANITS, Visakhapatnam
- Prof VeenaVisual merchandise of mobile retail in India Bizcraft ISSN2231-0231sept12 Vol.6 No2ISSN
- Prof. Veena Performance Management In an NGO GLOBUS 0975-721x Vol-4 No 2(s)Jan Jun 2013 ISSN
- Dr Veena A propel study of performance Management an NGO A case study of Akshaya Patra Discovery Journal (in VOL 52, ISSUE 242 | Pages 182-480 | February 1, 2016 ISSN No: 2278-5450)
c. Book Publications:
- Nirmala,M , Kar ,Subhasree and Aruljyoti ( 2015) .Managerial Research Methods, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
- Sudarkodi, P., Ghosh, Bose Nitu & Singh, Sneha (2016), "Workplace ethics and value systems", Bonfring Publications, 1, 27-95.
- Dr.P.Narayana Reddy (2015) P Research trends in Commerce and management, Paramount publications, New Delhi .
- Diwakar naidu and Dr.Srinivas D.K., Financial Management (As per VTU Syllabus) - Thakur Publishers, Bengaluru, ISBN - 978-93-5263-427-0, Edition 2013,
- Diwakar Naudu and Dr.Srinivas D.L.Financial Management (As per VTU Syllabus) - Thakur Publishers, Bengaluru, ISBN - 978-93-5263-427-0, Edition 2015,
- Diwakar Naidu and Dr.C.Sivashanmugam: Investment Management (As per VTU Syllabus) - Thakur Publishers, Bengaluru, ISBN - 978-93-5163-631-1, Edition 2015-16,
- Shivsharana E-commerce, Himalaya pub; Bombay, 2013.
- Abhi, Shinu, Venugopal, Vasanti, & Shastri, Sandeep, (2014).'Building competencies and sustainability through business models: An exploration through multiple case studies' in Manimala and Wasdani (eds), Entrepreneurship and economic development: Perspectives from emerging economies", Springer (2015) google scholar.
d. Publications in Conference Proceedings and Journals:
- "A Strategic Look: The Genesis of 'Human Capital Management' in the National Seminar on "Human Resource Management to Human Capital Management: A Paradigm Shift"organized by P.G.Department of PM & IR, Utkal University Bhubaneswar on May 14th and 15th 2016.
- "Mechanisms towards maintaining an effective Employee Relation in Indian IT Industry" in "Industrial Relations in Liberalized India" published by R.P.Publications, New Delhi, 2015.pp-187-197.
- "Work Place Success through integration of IQ,EQ and SQ" in the International Conference Proceeding on "Business Paradigms in Emerging Markets" (ICBPEM-2014) organized by School of Management, National institute of Technology Rourkela, 12-13 December, 2014 by Springer.
- "Managing Knowledge Workers in Indian IT Sector" in "Business of being in Business- New Perspectives" published by Excel Books, New Delhi, 2014 .pp-152-159.
- "A Study on Socio-economic Conditions and Problems of Women Entrepreneurs' in Odisha" in "Inclusive Growth and Microfinance Access" published by Excel India Publishers ,New Delhi ,2013,pp-78-85.
- "A Study on Behavioral Dynamics of Knowledge Workers in KPO Industry with reference to IT Sector in India" and "A study on Consumer Sensitivity towards Green Marketing in India" in 10th AIMS International Conference Proceedings,2013 .
- "Consumer Sensitivity towards Green Marketing" in 10th AIMS International Conference Proceedings, 2013.
- "Organized Retail – A Paradigm Shift" in "The Emerging Landscape of Retail and impact on Economy" published by MJP Publishers, Chennai, 2012, pp -223-230.
- "Employee Engagement as a Retention Tool in Indian IT Sector" in "Employee Engagement and HR Initiatives" published by Himalaya Publishing House, 2011.Chapter-15, pp-139-146.
- "Telecom Sector in India- Opportunities and Challenges" in "Changing Global Dynamics and Business Opportunities in India" published by Acharya's Bangalore B-School, 2011, Chapter-27, pp-216-223.
- "Talent Management in Post Recession" in "The Economic Meltdown: Challenges for the New Age Managers" published by Excel Books, 2010.(ISBN: 93-80697-39-2.) P-107.
- "Personality Dimensions of an Entrepreneur" in "Role and Challenges of Entrepreneurship Development" published by Excel Books, 2010, Chapter-71, pp-512.
- Ghosh, Nitu & Rajaram, Geetha (2015). Role of cultural affinities and distances in SME internationalization: Does Emotional Intelligence have any role. Conference Proceedings on International Conference on Transnational entrepreneurs and international SMEs in Emerging economies: drivers and strategies, IIMB, 20th- 22nd- May, 2015. ISBN: 978-93-84743-81-9
- Vani, Ramesh , A research paper on " CSR Practices in India", 5th African Accounting and Finance Association Conference, Mauritius.
- Vani Ramesh, A research paper on "Green Business Practices and Sustainability of Customer Satisfaction" – RDA, Rajasthan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Jaipur.
- Ghosh Nitu (2015). Published paper on " Emotional Intelligence- A critical Dimension of Learning Organisations", in Twelfth AIMS International Conference on Management in IIM- Kozikhode, ISBN- 978-81-924713-8-9
- Ghosh, Nitu (2014), Issues in leadership, management and HR practices in the internationalisation of SMEs in India, Conference proceedings of International Conference at SRN Adarsh College, Bangalore, on 30th April 2014 , ISBN- 978-163102030-8
- Ghosh, Nitu (2014), Importance of ethical values and social responsibility in managing business, Conference proceedings of UGC sponsored National Seminar on Business Ethics and Human Values in Corporate World held on 24-25th March in Hasanath College for Women, Bangalore. Ghosh, Nitu (2014), Impact of Social Networking on the emotional intelligence of GenY students, Conference Proceedings of National Conference on Sustainable development through Global Business & Technological advancements in Brindavan College on 31st May 2014. ISBN: 978-81-8281-545-2.
- National Conference :Chithambar Gupta V , "An Exploratory Study of Franchisor inputs to the Franchisees in Franchising Business Model" at the "National Symposium on Innovation Practices in Management", held during 25th & 26th of April 2014, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Chithambar Gupta V , "Mentoring and Counseling – Need of the hour in Higher Education" at the National level Conference on "New Paradigm of Competitiveness – Positioning Management Education for Challenges of Tomorrow" conducted at CMR Institute of Management studies, Bangalore.
- International Conference: Chithambar Gupta V , "An Exploratory Study of Franchisor Inputs to Franchisees in Retail Franchising" at the "International Conference on Sustain, Transform & Transcend" held on 7th & 8th August 2014, at PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore.
- Chithambar Gupta V , "GUI as a packaging tool in online services marketing" at the TASMAC International Conference on "Innovation: Creating value for competitive Differentiation" .
- Anshu Rani, (2011), "Cost of advertisement and its economic impact on sales: An Empirical study" Proceedings of international conference on "Emerging Marketing challenges in changing global Business environment", Ajay kumar garg institute of management, Ghaziabad, Nov, 2011 ISBN no.978-935-059-034-8.
- Anshu Rani (2013) "Internet Marketing in new era of globalization: A literature review" Proceedings of the International conference on research in Marketing (ICRM 2013), XLRI Jamshedpur & Curtain University, Australia and IIT Delhi, India, December 2013. ISBN no.978-1-63041-998-1.
- Anshu Rani (2013)"Drivers and barriers of Information and communication technology (ICT) Adoption among Small and medium Enterprises (SMEs)", Proceedings of the National conference "Global opportunities and challenges in Innovation and creativity" Nagarjuna college of engineering and technology, Bangalore, India, November 2013. ISBN no.978-81-923332-2-9.
- Anshu Rani (2013) "Internet Marketing to develop and sustain business in new era of globalization: A literature review" Proceedings of the 3rd International conference on Global Business Crisis: Management strategies for Sustainability & development, R V Institute of Management, Bangalore, India, December 2013.
- Anshu Rani (2016)"Word of Mouth Marketing: Online verses Offline strategies to impel discussion about products", two days National conference on "Disruptive Innovations in Businesses – Lessons for Industry and B-Schools" at Reva University, Bangalore, India, Jan 2016.
- First international conference on Business Strategy& Management Game Changers in the aftermath of Recession: Managing Challenges in the Global Economy 25th June 2011 Kolkata Editors : Ms Barnishikha Das, Tapti Nandy, Prof.Ramachandra Mahapatra
- Veena Angadi Dr.Shiva Shankar k A leverage Study on Emerging Trends with Vigour to unleash the power of service sector.A case study of Mandar regency of Dharwad A study of social Networking websites (SNWs)and its advent as the New order of Infrastructure
- Dr.Veena, Role of RAPID in making women sustainable Economic Develop 9th CIMC CENTRAL INDIA MANAGEMENT CONCLAVE (CIMC-16) on"Era of Skill Development : Inspire, Innovate , Integrate" NAGPUR
- Dr Veena, Role of RAPID in making women sustainable Economic Development Shiv Shakti International Journal in Multidisciplinary & Academic Research.
- Dr Veena, Role of RAPID in making women sustainable Economic Development PEZZOTTAITE JOURNALS
Thrust Areas of Research
The main focal areas of the research and innovations in the School of Commerce and Management are Leadership and Entrepreneurship. We have special initiatives to design novel interventions and models on current trends in leadership and entrepreneurship development. With this motive we have also extended our efforts into enhancing the activities of our Entrepreneurship Development Cell with special Entrepreneurship Development Programs been designed to motivate and mould our graduates as future entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. We have focused our attention on creating a special network for Start-ups in order to enhance our research culture in that direction
Research and InnovationOffice of Research and Innovation,
REVA University, Rukmini Knowledge Park Kattigenahalli, Yelahanka,
Bangalore – 560 064
Faculty/Research scholars pursuing research
There are around 49 research scholars enrolled in the School of Commerce and management in two successive batches. Around 16 faculty are pursuing their PhD and a few of them have shortly submitted their thesis
Apart from the regular PhD course work offered for 6 months to the PhD enrolled research scholars in the School of Commerce and Management by eminent experts from the Academia and Industry, the School has organized various workshops and conferences in the last one year. Workshops on 'R' and SPSS tools has been offered to all research scholars.
A National Conference on "Disruptive Innovations in Businesses Lessons from Industry and B schools"
A National Conference on "Disruptive Innovations in Businesses: Lessons from Industry and B schools'' has been organized on the 29th- 30th of January, 2016. It was a two-day conference with more than 80 paper presentations by delegates and researchers from all over India. Experts from Academia and Industry were the keynote speakers. Dr. Ravi Kumar, IIM-Bangalore was the Keynote speaker and various entrepreneurs as well as corporates were Key Note speakers in the Two Day conference.
MOU with Industry/R&D organizations
School of Commerce and Management has various MOUs and collaborations with the industry in order to enable high quality and genuine research in business, commerce and management. A few of them are mentioned as follows:
- DATAWISE as Knowledge Partner for Programs in Business Analytics in order to enable research on modern issues
- VESTIAN GLOBAL
- ARTHAVIDYA as Knowledge dissemination and Enhanced Skill Development Partner