Importance of Voting Awareness CampaignJune 5, 2018
How to Boost Your CreativityJune 7, 2018
A student has to juggle between so many things – attending classes, preparing for exams, participating in quiz and competitions, volunteering at events, socializing with friends and family, and making significant decisions for future. Amidst all this, students ignore their physical health and wellness until they fall sick. For a successful college life, students need to stay healthy and illness free. Here are some tips for students to stay healthy and make most of the resources at their fingertips.
- Establish a routine – Although students follow a busy schedule, it is recommended to establish a simple routine and follow it. It will help to combat inevitable stress and improve self-discipline. With a proper sleep, exercise, and food schedule, you can stay motivated and positive.
- Eat right – Include healthy eating options in your diet such as oatmeal, yogurt, fruits and nuts rather than surviving on ramen and junk food. Do not skip meals at any cost. Always go for an extra fruit when you go to college dining so that you can have it on the go if you have classes during lunchtime.
- Exercise regularly – Incorporate fitness into your schedule and make an effort to workout at least four times a week. Go for a leisure walk around your college campus or an early morning run. A yoga session can also be a good option to help you feel energized and active throughout the day.
- Get enough sleep – College students require 7-9 hours of sleep for staying healthy and active. If you have time, try taking naps during the day. Avoid all-nighters before exams as it reduces the concentration level.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages – Avoid the temptation to have coffee/ tea as they have harmful effects in the long run. If you are following a proper routine, you won’t require a morning brew to kickstart your day. Drink green tea and fresh juices to stay hydrated and munch on high-protein food for an energy boost.
- Drink lots of water – Carry a water bottle with you everywhere to replenish your body throughout the day. Avoid cold drinks and soda-based drinks, rather add lemon juice to the water to enhance flavor.
- Relax and have fun – It is inevitable to avoid stress in college, however, you can relax if you follow the established routine and finish your assignments before the deadline. Take regular breaks during exams and de-stress yourself by reading a book, going out with friends, watching your favorite show, or indulging in a hobby. Make sure to have fun and enjoy your college life.
- Do not smoke – We all know that smoking has life-threatening risks and can harm your heart, lungs, and teeth. Quit smoking as soon as you can to stay healthy. Seek a counsellor for medical help.
- Do not over-commit – Do not get run down by taking up too much of responsibility on yourself. Understand that you cannot do everything at once. If you have prior engagements, be it a class or any group work, say no to extra work. Focus on activities you like doing and learn to manage your time.
- Build new friendships – Meeting new people and forming relationships boost mental health. Try to get involved in clubs and social groups and participate in different activities.