Today, working hard is just not enough to achieve what you wish for. Along with handwork, you have to do some smart work in order to gain favourableoutcomes. You must think about being productive in every aspect of your life to achieve significant results.
So, what exactly is being productive means? In general, productivity is the ability of an individual to carry out tasks within stipulated time with qualityresults. The productivity level of a person can vary from task to task. However, if you wish to increase the level of your productivity it can be achieved through hard work, planning, and organization. Alack of implementation in any of these three elements will result in lower productivity level.
There are a number of benefits of improving your productivity level. If you are student, you will not only be able to finish studying faster, butalso have more free time for leisure activities. Finishing your tasks on time also prevents you from being stressed that is caused due to procrastination or negligence. Here are the top tips on how a student can increase his/her productivity and achieve goals on a daily basis:
1. Make it a Habit to Write Your Thoughts/Tasks: You might have experienced this a number of times that you had a great idea or an important task but forgot about it because you did not pen it down. Today, it’s easier than ever to record your stuff on the go as most of us use electronic devices such as cell phones and laptops that can be used anytime and anywhere to note down our ideas and important tasks immediately. However, carrying a notepad or smartphone is one thing and actually writing down your thoughts is another. So, you must make it a point to write it down whenever you stumbled upon something important.
2. Make A List of Tasks You Need to Complete Every day: Rather than trying to do a lot of tasks in a day, it is wiser to evenly divide all your tasks based on the amount of time you have in a day. And, once you are done with the tasks that were scheduled for the day, you can either relax or take up another task if you’ve finished early. However, you must make sure that you are not stressing yourself beyond necessary.
3. Work on The Difficult Tasks First: You should deal with the most unpleasant and difficult tasks first. This will help you defeat procrastination and most likely give a positive start to a very productive day. Moreover, you must consider your peak time of productivity, because it varies with every individual. So, you must identify the hours in a day when you are most productive, and schedule the more important tasks accordingly. And, you can work on the easier stuff during the ‘off-peak’ time.
4. Take a Break: Taking short breaks while you are studying or working is one of the most effective ways of evading boredom and distractions. It is advisable that you must take at least a 5-minute break for every 45 minutes to 1 hour of study. However, you should avoid doing such things during the break that are unrelated to your studies. Activities such as surfing the net or checking Whatsapp or Facebook can distract you from your studies and goals and cause you to take a longer break.
5. Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle: Eating healthy food, getting enough sleep, regular exercise, and staying away from intoxicants and abusive substances provide all the necessary nutrients and the positive energy you need to have a healthy mind and body. And, maintaining a healthy lifestyle will help you to be a very productive and successful person.
If you want to be a successful person being more and more productive can help set goals and achieve them on a daily basis. And, you contractually accomplish this by implementing the above mentioned tips.