Tips to Improve Your Memory During Exams
May 8, 2018
Top Career Opportunities in Law
May 8, 2018

Tips to Improve Your Time Management Skills

How can you procrastinate less and increase productivity? How can you meet your deadlines and alleviate stress and anxiety? How to save more time to relax? Just by learning how to maintain effective time management skills that usually differ for each person. People struggle a lot to manage time with so much of work at office and personal lives. Whether you are a student or an employee, you have to juggle between so many things. But if you know how to manage your time effectively, you can get more things done every day. Use these quick tips listed below to improve your time management skills.

  1. Make a schedule – Start by preparing a schedule of your tasks for one week or so in advance. Create an exhaustive list including everything and set reminders on your laptop or phone. The most important part is to follow that schedule and prioritize your work accordingly.


  1. Prioritize – Learn how to prioritize your work. With respect to your assignments and components of work, decide which task is more important and how it will impact your overall performance. Figure out which activity needs more time and is required immediately and prioritize them over less important assignments.


  1. Set Deadlines – Setting deadlines is just 10 percent work, the remaining 90 percent comes when you stick to them. Try to set deadlines a few days before the actual deadline date so if something else gets in the way, you can still get the task done.


  1. Do not procrastinate – If you want to have some time on your hands to relax and focus on your hobbies, the golden rule is to finish your work on time. If you think it can be done today, finish it off. You can also go an extra mile and start with next day’s work if you are left with extra time. The habit of procrastinating tasks badly affects the productivity.


  1. Avoid multi-tasking – People often think that multitasking can help them accomplish more than planned, however, it divides the level of concentration on too many things and hampers the productivity. Our mind works efficiently and delivers better results if we focus on one thing at a time.


  1. Delegate tasks – Assign tasks to your subordinates or juniors according to their abilities and skills. Remember, delegating tasks does not mean that you are running away from your duties and responsibilities. If you take up more than you can handle, you will be stressed and less productive. Consider this as an important part of managing work and learn the art of delegating tasks.


  1. Learn to say ‘No’ – If you are overloaded with work, learn to say no in a polite manner for additional tasks. Do not commit to work on too many tasks before checking your ‘To-Do List’. Focus on your priorities first and accomplish your important goals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *