Intensive Certificate Course in Clinical Embryology & Assisted Reproductive Technology in association with “MOMSOON Academy Pvt. Ltd”
The successful birth of the world’s first baby conceived by in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer occurred on July 25, 1978, in the UK. Since then, over five million babies conceived by Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) have reportedly been born throughout the world.
The advent of any new technology that affects mankind raises several ethical and technical challenges. ART is no exception. In the Indian context, where barrenness is looked down upon, infertile couples look up to ART as the last resort to parenthood. Some of them are prepared to go to any extent to achieve their life’s ambition. Unfortunately, ART has not reached a stage where all forms of infertility can be treated, nor can any clinic offer a 100% success if the couples were to undergo any of the ART procedures.
The increasing demand for ART has resulted in mushrooming of infertility clinics in India. There is a huge dearth of skilled embryologists and the skills involved in embryology are complex, delicate, and require adequate hands-on practice. The know-how of an expert embryologist is crucial for the success of IVF treatments and the proficiency of an embryologist contributes a great deal for the success of infertility treatment.
Thus the “Intensive Certificate Course in Clinical Embryology & Assisted Reproductive Technology” by REVA University in collaboration with MOMSOON Academy is designed keeping in mind the subject specific academic needs and industry requirements, with the help of subject experts. At the end of the course, the students will be equipped to work competently in human IVF services by providing them with essential theoretical and practical knowledge in Human Embryology. To make this course more holistic, stress is also given to the existing guidelines, regulations and protocols that enable the candidates to perform embryology procedure ethically as well as accurately.
EMBRYOLOGY - Practical Course
ANDROLOGY - Practical Course
PEO-1: Become a proficient embryologist with the ability to perform all the required procedures in andrology and embryology labs and work in tandem with gynaecologists and andrologists in an ART clinic.
PEO-2: Pursue research in reputed institutes at national & international level with attentiveness to minute details and an urge to improve professional knowledge.
PEO-3: Establish consultancy services for ART clinics to set up labs complying with various international regulatory standards and providing SOP’s for operations and maintenance.
1. Technical knowledge: Demonstrate the knowledge in the nature of spermatozoa (vitality, motility and morphology) and the composition of seminal fluid, all aspects of cryopreservation, morphology of oocytes, zygotes and embryos, different culture media, handling oocytes and embryos, factors that impact on fertilization, scoring of oocytes and embryos, perform IVF and ICSI with precision.
2. Problem analysis: Use practical hints or processes to be followed when experiencing difficulty and monitor the extent of both random and systematic errors and reduce it where possible. Anticipate and plan to overcome the critical situations in any process.
3. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge to standardize and optimize all aspects of the procedures followed, obtain valid and useful information to get better results.
4. Equipment usage: Know and understand the different types of micromanipulators available in and its working modalities, its sensitivity and integration with the inverted microscope, setting up of various equipments in the lab and its usage for improving the outcomes of the procedures.
5. Safety guidelines: Use sterile materials and follow safe handling techniques; follow protocols for handling and storage of high-risk samples.
6. Ethics: Follow ethical guidelines and institutional policies established by the organisation; maintain patient confidentiality and privacy
7. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
8. Communication: Communicate effectively with the science community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
9. Documentation: Follow guidelines established to obtain consent wherever required prior to carrying out procedures in the lab; follow institutional policy for record keeping and labelling the samples.
10. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
After successful completion of the programme, the candidates shall be able to
1. Perform semen analysis & Prepare semen for ART procedures
2. Cryopreserve oocytes and embryos
3. Perform IVF
4. Perform ICSI
With the increase in the incidence of infertility around the globe, there is a huge dearth of embryologists thus making it one of the highly sought after career option for science and medical graduates and post graduates. Due to the high percentage of people who are experiencing infertility issues, it is expected that embryology is a field that is going to continue to see career growth in the future.
On successful completion of the course, candidates can seek employment as embryologists with health care providers such as IVF centres / fertility clinics / ART clinics / hospitals. They can also work as consultants with multiple organisations.
PROGRAM: 3 months duration
INTENSIVE CERTIFICATE COURSE In Clinical Embryology & Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART)
This course is designed for candidates with prior experience in Andrology or Embryology interested in fine-tuning their skills as an Embryologist
Graduates in Biological Sciences / Life Sciences (B.Sc./B.Tech/BE), Veterinary Sciences (BVSc), Medical Sciences (MBBS), Dental Sciences (BDS), Ayurveda (BAMS), Homeopathy (BHMS) and Unani Medicine (BUMS).
• Online delivery of learning content (1 month)
• Demonstration & Hands-on practical training (2 months)
+91-90211 90211 +91-80-4696 6966
Intensive Certificate Course in Clinical Embryology and Assisted Reproductive Technology
|Indian / SAARC Nationals||1000|