The REVA University has well experienced faculty members to guide candidates to pursue research leading to Doctoral degree in various disciplines. The University also has well-equipped infrastructure for advanced research. All Schools have also engaged in advanced research and undertake funded projects.
Duration of the Programme:
- The minimum duration for Ph.D. programme is THREE years, including course work.
- However, extension up to SIX years period of registration beyond the above limits shall be permitted based on the recommendation of the concerned Research Supervisor.
REVA University Ph.D. Entrance Test (REVA PET)
Entrance Test and Interview
- The registration for Ph.D. is through Entrance Test (REVA PET), Interview and Counseling. The Entrance Test will be 100 marks with 3 hours duration as under:
||Category of Candidates
||Papers (100 Marks)
||Candidates other than those who have qualified UGC-JRF / UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR/JRF/UGC-CSIR-NET / SLET/GATE or passed M Phil Degree or candidates who hold Teacher Fellowship
||Part - I Subject Specific (50 marks)
||Part - II Research Methodology (50 marks)
|30 question x 1 mark each = 30 marks
||4 questions x 5 marks each = 20 marks
||10 questions x 1 mark each = 10 marks
||5 questions x 8 marks each = 40 marks
||Candidates who havequalified UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE or candidates hold Teacher Fellowship
||Research Methodology (100 Marks)
|20 questions X 1 mark each = 20 marks
(a) 5 questions X 10 marks each = 50 marks;
(b) 6 questions X 5 marks each = 30 marks
||Candidates possessing M. Phil Degree
||Subject Specific (100 Marks)
|50 questions x 1 mark each = 50 marks
5 questions x 10 marks each = 50 marks
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test paper for candidates other than those who have qualified UGC-JRF/UGC-NET/ UGC-CSIR JRF/ UGC-CSIR NET / SLET / GATE or passed in M. Phil or candidates hold teacher fellowship, will be both on Research Methodology and the concerned subject of study (subject specific) with 50% of weightage each. The test will be for 100 marks of 3 hours duration. The question paper will be in TWO PARTS – Part-I: Questions on concerned subject of study (subject specific) for 50 marks (objective & descriptive) & Part-II: Questions on Research Methodology for 50 marks (objective & descriptive) with 3 hours duration.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test for candidates who have qualified UGC-NET including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE or candidates holding teacher fellowship will be only on Research Methodology. The question paper will be for 100 marks (20% Objective and 80% Descriptive) with 3 hours duration.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test for candidates who have passed M. Phil programme will be only on concerned subject of study (subject specific). The question paper will be for 100 marks (50% Objective and 50% Descriptive) with 3 hours duration.
- Candidates securing at least 50 marks out of 100 in the Entrance Test shall be declared as eligible for interview / viva voce.
- The results of the Entrance Test will be displayed on the notice board of the Research and Innovation Council and hosted on the University website. No separate intimation / information in any form will be sent to the candidates about the results of entrance examination and admission.
- The eligible candidates will be invited for interview/ viva-voce on the specific date and time. The candidates have to come prepared to discuss their research interest / area through presentations.
- Candidates invited should attend the interview-cum-counseling along with following original documents:
- Original marks cards of prescribed qualification such as two year PUC/10+2 examination, degree and PG degree examinations.
- Original certificate / proof for having qualified UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE or passed M Phil or proof of holding teacher fellowship.
- Proof of date of birth, preferably SSLC/10th examination pass certificate.
- Three copies of latest passport size photographs.
- No due certificate from the employer (in case employed).
- The performance in the interview / viva voce will be assessed for 50 marks. The Selection of candidates for provisional registration shall be based on the performance in the interview only provided further that such a selection depends on the availability of the guide in the subject / area of interest of the candidate.
- Candidates selected should take admission after payment of prescribed fee in full within the notified date failing which they will automatically forefeet the seat.
- Those candidates who are registered for Ph.D. should have to undergo course work of One Semester of SIX months and follow necessary conditions in the “REVA University Regulations Governing the Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Doctoral (Ph.D..) Degree, 2016”.
- Candidates who are not selected for a Ph.D. programme have to re-apply whenever the applications are invited again and go through the Entrance Test afresh.
Note: Foreign Nationals and NRIs with Indian degree are also required to take the Ph.D. Entrance Examination.
Those candidates who are registered for Ph.D. should have to undergo course work of One Semester of SIX months and follow necessary conditions in the “REVA University Regulations Governing the Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Doctoral (Ph.D..) Degree, 2020”.
The course work comprises of three courses, viz.,
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Research publication ethics (RPE)
- Area Specific Course, and
- Literature Review in the Thrust Area of Research