10 Mar 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research. The Department of Civil Engineering has been in existence since the inception of IIT Madras in 1959 and has grown into a full-fledged department with specializations in all the major areas of Civil Engineering. The Civil Engineering Association (CEA) was formed with the primary aim of exposing potential civil engineers to the challenges of the profession. With both students and faculty as its members, the organization is one of the most active Civil Engineering Associations in India. The CEA activities of a year culminate in the CEA Fest. The festival attracts people from all over India and acts as a launching platform for budding Civil Engineers.
CEA, IIT Madras organized National level Workshop on Civil Bridge Designing. Our 2nd year students of School of Civil Engineering were interested to participate in workshop for knowing theory, design and fabrication of Bridges and to compete along with students from various other institutes and universities.
• There were lectures from eminent speakers on the subject and followed by competition
• One of our team of 5 members from REVA University ended getting up Runner-up place among 36 teams which participated in the competition and received merit certificates from Anvira Edustation
• All other participants received Certificates from CEA IIT MADRAS & Anvira Edustation
• Dr. K. Ramamurthy, Head - Department of Civil Engineering, IITM specially appreciated all of our 13 students and 2 faculties of REVA University for participating in the workshop along with the more than 100 students participated from all parts of the Tamilnadu state
• Dr. Y Ramalinga Reddy, Director, School of Civil Engineering, along with Mr. M. Sreenivasulu Reddy, ACE Coordinator, distributed the certificates to students at the school and motivated them to attend more such events to enlighten the future.