13 Mar 2019
The School of EEE had organized a expert lecture on “Static Series Compensators introduction and some practical experiences” in collaboration with IEEE PES Student chapter, REVA University on 13th March, 2019 between 02:20 PM to 04:00 PM at Kalpana Chawla Seminar Hall, CV Raman Block, for the students of 8thsem, A, B & C sec, School of EEE
The expert lecture was delivered by Dr. Arunachalam Malaiyandi, Former GM, BHEL, EDN, Bangalore and Professor, Raja Rajeswari College of Engineering.
The Expert lecture focused on the following key points:
1. Importance of FACTS controller.
2. Voltage source and Current source Converters.
3. Real power control and reactive power management system.
4. Control of power in mesh circuits.
5. Types of static series compensator.
6. Practical approaches.
7. Testing and commissioning of static series compensator.
Following are the outcomes achieved:
1. Understanding the Importance of FACTS controller, concept of voltage source and current source converter.
2. In depth knowledge of Real power control and reactive power management system.
3. Understanding the concept of control of power in mesh circuits.
4. Student will be able tell the types of static series compensator.
5. Knowledge of practical approaches on compensation.
6. Understanding the testing and commissioning of static series compensator.
We would like to thank our Chancellor Sir, Dr. P Shyama Raju, Vice- Chancellor Sir, Dr. S.Y Kulkarni, Dr. Rajashekar P Mandi sir, Director, School of EEE, and Management of REVA University for providing us with all the facilities.